Friday 11 November 2011

Sailing Away for Christmas?

Anthropologie has ...as ever...come up with THE most charming christmas decorations or The Branch Bunch.
Being particularly partial to a badger of course I love this little chap.
Anthropologie
 And I'm definately putting this on the try myself at home list. I used to have quite a thing for old glass condiment sets. This would be a great way to re-use the old odd ones.
Anthropologie
The felt trees and wreaths have the loveliest looking texture to them. How have they done that? Do you wrap the roving around wire?

Anthropologie
 But I think my favourite decoration is the little sailing ship. It stirs up all kinds of notions of sailing storming seas to a safe harbour with family for the holiday. And if I'm brutally honest even clearer fancies of taking off and sailing into a winter sunset away from the impending madness and possibly warmer, sunnier climes!
Anthropologie
 The little Anthropologie ship did remind me of the beautiful sailing boats made by Ann Wood

Paper Mache Boat by AnnWood
What a fantastic find on Anne's blog ...a tutorial to make your own little paper mache sail boat. In reality I'm not sure there is going to be a crafty moment available this weekend....ah but in my head I shall definately be having a go at one of these.
Happy sailing my hearties.
x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, thank you for the link to the papier mache boat tutorial ... they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails