Saturday 12 June 2010

Patchwork Maker at the V&A

I like to think that when I am too old to be of much use to my brood I will don a lovely little hat, my best fitted coat and a treasured brooch and take the train to the Victoria and Albert Museum every ......say Wednesday. Here is I will wander through the lastest exhibitions, re- visit my favourites from Celia Birtwell and Missoni in the fashion collections,  do some people watching over tea and a cheese scone and catch the pre-commuter rush train home.....probably to feed an assortment of anxious waiting pets.


For now I must content myself with a few minutes of distraction, from the endliss list of STUFF that I should be doing, on some of the Victoria and Albert's online tools. A BIG thank you  for the tip off  to Jessica  who has some amazing "timewasters" on her blog  HowaboutOrange .

 My current favourite is the Patchwork Pattern Maker.  You just upload an image and it will convert into a pattern for making a quilt. You get to choose how many colours you’d like your pattern to have (up to 20) and the level of difficulty (larger squares = easy, small squares + triangles = expert). The pattern maker creates a complete pattern to download. You could use it just as easily for a paper collage or I guess even crosstitch or paint by numbers maybe?

I loaded to some 70s wallpaper in and went from these ......

to these.
Going to have to do something with one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails